Wednesday 4 March 2009

broken trust - response to wrong doings blog

I so agree with the comments made by Josephine in this post, but it seems to be that what she is ultimately asking for is courage, which not everyone has. http://dantesinferno64.blogspot.com/2009/03/broken-trust.html

Any sort of deceipt, will hurt someone, but it takes courage for a partner to tell another that actually they don't love them anymore. Do they think it is kinder to keep these words to themselves, carry on the lie, and find happiness elsewhere, believing that this way they are not hurting anyone? Yes the truth will hurt, but lies hurt more, and we can all get over the fact that things have changed but can we recover from the lies? I think not.

I was taught as a child to admit my errors, and was punished more for not admitting to wrong doings than coming clean. So should we applaude our children for the truth, or punish them for their mistakes? Should we teach them to not be frightened of the truth, or to cover up their mistakes. I know which one I think is right, and what I teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment